The purpose of a fan in any room is to keep the inner atmosphere cool, refreshed and driving away the humidity present in a closed place. They help in keeping the atmosphere healthy to live. Ventilation fan functions similarly to normal fan, but it has the added advantage. It is needed to have perfect ventilation system in your house. It cleans up the indoor air quality.
Earlier, people did not use exhaust fans in the bath places. Due to which, the fixtures were either not functioning well or getting spoilt. These appliances make the place comfortable to be used as per convenience. Outer air circulation is possible, if you install a fan to get fresh air. Besides, bathroom extractor fans also give a modern look to your bath place.
Functions of ventilation fan in bath places:
- It drives out the steam from hot showers.
- You don’t feel suffocated.
- Continuously provides cooler and fresher air in the room.
- It maintains your health and hygiene.
- It gives fresh air and drives out stinky smells.
- It dries out the moisture from the room.
- Saves the paint of doors and cabinets affected by moisture moulds.
- It controls the indoor temperature.
Importance of bathroom fans:
- Keeps the place dry: It dries the place quickly. These appliances also make a place free of any mould formation. Wooden cabinets and doors are decay free, and could withstand for longer period. It prevents excess moisture form building in damp areas.
- Mirrors and other luxury components stay intact. If the fan is fitted near the shower section, the vapors will soon be dried without spreading over other fixtures.
- Keep your energy costs down by continuous airing the inner confined place. You don’t need to increase the temperature of your air condition system.
- It prevents the wooden doors of shelves and cabinets from expanding.
- Window exhaust fans keep the air cool inside, which makes you feel fresh after a bath even in the summer season.
- In the winter seasons you can fill the warmth after shower as some of them also come with heaters.
- It is often found that bathroom air gets smelly after use. This fan drives out the bad smell and gets rid of any possibility of bacteria to be formed in corners of the room.
More about ventilation fans:
These days, the market is flooded with different kinds of fans, giving you an opportunity to choose based on your needs. Some can be mounted on ceilings and a few on the walls. It is available in all sizes and shape. They are easy to install and quite cost effective. You can find a variety of these appliances for reasonable prices without any trouble.
The most common fans are the propeller and impeller ones. They are easy to install, you can do it yourself by reading the manual instructions. Many modern ones have small lights installed in them help you see in the bathroom. It can be reinstalled anywhere, as normally it is fitted in upper windows.
Author’s Bio: Patrick writes articles about how to maintain proper air circulation in homes and offices. You could visit their website to check out some of the most advance bathroom extractor fans and their prices.