Laminate flooring offers the look of hardwood or stone floors, but without the cost and maintenance required. Laminate floors are usually made of high density fiber or wood particles with a laminate coating that is designed to look like wood or stone. A clear, hard layer is placed on top, giving laminate durability. Laminate flooring has become a popular way to update the look of a house.
Laminate flooring is continuously growing in popularity as an exceptional flooring choice that’s not only attractive, but easy to care for. Due to its versatility, affordability, and low maintenance properties, laminate flooring is an incomparable choice when looking to upgrade or install new flooring. Below are just a few benefits of laminate flooring:
- Installation: An installation of laminate wood flooring is as simple as laying down a sheet of underlayment material, and snapping the laminate planks together without the use of adhesive. The ease of installation makes laminate wood flooring a great choice when you’re looking for flooring options.
- Versatility: Laminate flooring is designed to simulate dozens of natural hardwood materials. With laminate wood flooring, you get the aesthetic benefit of natural hard woods, but for a much cheaper cost.
- Convenience: Laminate wood flooring can be installed almost anywhere. With the exception of carpet, laminate wood flooring can be installed over a large number of different existing floors.
- Longevity: Laminate wood flooring is naturally resistant from mold and bacteria, making it immune to decay or rotting. Laminate flooring is also resistant and treated to protect it from smudges and scratches, as well as resistant to fading from UV light. Laminate flooring works well in high traffic areas and homes with pets. It is scratch resistant, durable and easy to clean. Just use powdered cleaner or a sponge dampened with water. Most manufacturers offer at least 10 year warranty on their products.
- Resale value: Laminate floors can add value to the resale of your home. Most home buyers are looking for hardwood floors instead of carpet. Laminate gives the look of wood for less and can make your home look more open and modern.
There’s no denying that laminate wood flooring is a stress-free choice when it comes to new flooring. If you’re seriously considering updating the look of your home, and want an affordable and dependable flooring choice, consider choosing laminate flooring from FlooringAmerica.com! Besides the advantages already listed, laminate flooring is designed for easy installation and is excellent for homeowners who like to do things from home. They are resistant to scratches and fading, and laminate is less vulnerable to damage and easier to clean.